Start A Career in Hydroponics or Set up Your Own System
- Learn from experts in the field and gain work at a hydroponic farm, hydroponic shop or start a hydroponic business.
- Lay a foundation for serious and effective plant production in any climate or location (hydroponics has been effectively used in deserts, the Arctic, humid tropics).
- Learn from internationally renowned experts (our Principal, John Mason, is a well known hydroponic author and has been teaching hydroponics since the early 1970's).
- Emphasis is placed on the horticulturally valuable crops such as cut flowers and vegetables.
- Study online, start at any time.
This course contains 10 lessons each with Set Tasks and 10 Assignments. The course covers all types of systems including NFT, gravel bed, capillary, flood and drip feed, growool, and vertical bags. All types of media are dealt with including scoria, gravel, sand, vermiculite, perlite, expanded clay, polystyrene, stone chip, and rockwool. Major techniques and problems are dealt with, including salinity, nutrient balance, disease control, temperature and humidity, light requirements, pest control, pruning, propagation, harvesting, and more.