PROFESSIONAL AND INDUSTRY ORGANISATIONS
Joining a Professional or Industry organization is a very real way of benefiting your career.
How memberships may benefit you:
- Provide additional credentials (Often membership is only open to people who meet certain criteria such as an approved qualification and or certain)
- Provides networking opportunities
- Provides business opportunities
- Gives you a say in development of an industry (eg. Such bodies are often given opportunities to input into government)
- Often allows you to put additional letters after your name
- Information or advisory services
Note: Every organization has it’s own distinct purpose and mix of services that are provided to the membership. Some are geared to support their members businesses more than others. Others may focus more strongly on professional development opportunities
A range of professional bodies accept ACS students (from appropriate courses) as members.
ACS encourages students to join and become active (where relevant) with the following organizations.
Here are some examples we have been involved with.
Institute of Horticulture (UK)
International Herb Association
ALTERNATIVE LIVING AND SUSTAINABILITY
Alternative Technology Association
HEALTH, FITNESS & PSYCHOLOGY
Complimentary Medicine Association
Association of Coaching