It's Easy to Enrol
£325.00 Payment plans available.
Courses can be started at any time from anywhere in the world!
Please note that if you choose the 'e-learning' (course on USB) method, be aware that due to current covid-19 restrictions there are some countries we can not send USB sticks to.
We recommend you choose the online learning method as all online courses provide access to download course notes to access offline or print. If you do require your course to be supplied on USB stick then please contact us first to check availability for your country.
Use your expertise to help others — learn business coaching
Are you an experienced business person? Are you a consultant? Are you looking to switch to a career helping people?
Using a combination of your existing expertise and our coursework on motivation and business, you can help startups, established businesses alike take their setups to the next level. A great course for anyone with experience or studies in business who is looking to forge a new career.
Start your own small business, utilizing all you skills and years of experience and study.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Nature and Scope of Business Coaching
- Nature of Business Coaching, Life Coaching and Sports Coaching
- Why People Use Business Coaches
- Case Studies
- Business Failure or Success
- The Initial Consultation
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Goal Centred Approach
- Reality based approach
- Motivational Approach
- First Contact
- SWOT Analysis
- Replace Negative with Positive Habits
- Monitor and Evaluate Progress
- Case Studies
- Considering Alternative Actions
- Developing a Business Plan
- Feasibility Studies
- Formal Documentation
- Operational Management
- Strategic Planning
- Operational Planning
- Components of a Business Plan
- Implementing Ideas
- Changing Behaviour
- Looking after long term Viability
- Partial Sell Offs
- R & D
- Changing Products and Services
- Buying a New Business
- Selling or Winding Down
- Case Studies
- Improving Productivity
- Quality Circles
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Pareto Analysis
- Internal and Intrinsic Incentives
- Incentives External to Working Environment
- Social Reinforcers as Incentives
- Tangible Rewards
- Case Studies
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Starting out in Business
- Making Contact
- Controlling Growth
- Improving Results
- Building Better Staff
- Staff recruitment
- Team building and Team Management
- Staff development and Training
- Improving Resource Management
- BRM (Business Resource Management)
- Stress Management
- Case Studies
- Putting it all into Practice
- PBL Based Project
- Significance of knowledge of interviewing and assessment
- Incentives and motivational strategies
- Productivity and marketing strategies
- Theoretical information to derive sensible solutions
- Initial business coaching assessment for a specified business
- Actions for improving and sustaining the level of performance
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Describe services that a business coach can offer clients; identify opportunities to work as a business coach; and develop an understanding of a business coach’s role.
Understand how to gather relevant data and conduct an initial consultation with a client.
Explain the options for action to optimise the operation of a new or existing business.
Understand methods of providing business coaching to improve productivity.
Develop awareness of ways in which business coaching can improve marketing.
Discuss ways to provide business coaching to improve the recruitment, skills, performance and motivation of staff.
Understand how business coaching can be used to improve resource management.
Deliver a comprehensive business coaching service to a client.
What You Will Do
This course is designed to help people identify opportunities to work as a business coach and develop an understanding of a business coach’s role. You will learn how to gather relevant data and conduct an initial consultation with a client.
Throughout the course you will learn about optimisation of business models for new or existing businesses, whilst focusing on improving productivity within a business. Understand how business coaching can be used to improve resource management.
You will develop awareness of ways in which business coaching can improve marketing, and also improve the recruitment, skills, performance and motivation of staff.
You will have an opportunity to develop and practice the delivery of a comprehensive business coaching service to a client.
WHAT DOES A BUSINESS COACH DO?
Business coaching can help a business owner, manager or director to:
- make better decisions
- reach their goals faster
- set better goals
- improve relationships
Business coaching usually involves working with the individual on THEIR problems, so every client will receive a different form of business coaching, individualised to their needs. So a business coach may work with a business person in one of two ways:
1. To help them as an individual perform better
- how they respond to staff
- their work life balance
- their organisational structure
- staff training
- motivating staff
- better management skills
- time management
2. To help their business perform better
- looking at ideas for the structuring of the business
- employment of staff
- time management with staff
Being a manager or business owner can be a lonely job at times. So a business coach can be there as a sounding board and confidant to help the business person to voice their issues and then help the person to find solutions to their problems effectively and quickly.
Business coaching is generally considered to be a good method of intervention to improve a business or the way the business person works, as it can be:
- time efficient
- is individually tailored to the person’s requirements
- is outcome focused
In summary business coaching:
- is a one to one service for an individual business person, aimed at improving the success of that individual or their business
- focuses on the important factors and helps the individual to focus on their goals and to ACT on those goals.
- helps individuals grow their business, give support and also improve their overall life hopefully.
- provides skills and knowledge. The business coach will also share with the business person different tools and skills to use in their business and personal life for the short and long term success.
Don’t be confused here. A business coach is not the same as a business consultant, they are not there to help the business person to set up a new rota or procedure for employing people, but they are there to look at issues that could be affecting how well the business is running and find ways to help the business person to change that.
Business coaching can be confused with other interventions, such as counselling, life coaching, consultancy and training. It is not the same though.