It's Easy to Enrol
£325.00 Payment plans available.
Courses can be started at any time from anywhere in the world!
Please note that if you choose the 'e-learning' (course on USB) method, be aware that due to current covid-19 restrictions there are some countries we can not send USB sticks to.
We recommend you choose the online learning method as all online courses provide access to download course notes to access offline or print. If you do require your course to be supplied on USB stick then please contact us first to check availability for your country.
HOME LANDSCAPING ONLINE COURSE
- Learn how to plan, lay out and construct your own home garden.
- Develop garden design skills for all types of gardens - for play, work or display.
- Gain the knowledge and skills in garden design and maintenance to help start a career in home landscaping.
Topics covered include:
- designing gardens,
- styles of gardens,
- drawing plans,
- understanding soils,
- basic landscape construction,
- weeds & pests,
- planting & pruning,
- lawns & other surfacings,
- garden features,
- plus a special project to help you develop your own garden.
COURSE STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
The course comprises 10 lessons, as follows:
1. Designing Gardens
The basics of design concepts through to understanding how to use them.
2. Styles of Gardens
Formal, informal, natural, and other themes.
3. Drawing Plans ‑ Designing Gardens
Learn how to draw basic landscape features and garden designs.
4. Understanding Soils
Clays, loams, sands - how to identify them and treat them for better plant growth.
5. Basic Landscape Construction
What is involved to build basic structures like steps, walls, paths, etc.
6. Weeds & Pests
How to identify and treat garden weeds and pests.
7. Planting and Pruning
Techniques to plant, prune and care for garden plants.
8. Lawns, paving and other surfacing
Care for various surfaces
9. Garden Features
How to select and use garden features in a landscape.
10. Developing Your Garden - Special Project
- Understand the design procedure and the principles of landscape design
- Develop knowledge of garden styles through history and apply this to your own designs
- Develop skills in graphical techniques for plan drawing
- Develop knowledge of soil properties and their relevance to home horticulture
- Understand the principles and practices of basic landscape construction
- Develop knowledge of pests and weeds, and their management in home horticulture
- Develop skills in planting and pruning for home gardens
- Develop knowledge of lawns and surfaces appropriate to home landscaping
- Develop knowledge of landscape furnishings and other features appropriate for home gardens
- Utilise skills developed during this course to develop a landscape design for a home garden.
Take this course to ......
- Learn to design, construct and develop your own garden
- Take the first step to a new business career in home landscaping
- Improve the value of your own property with your own exclusive landscape design
- Learn how to look after and maintain a garden
If you have any questions about the course,
please click here
to contact one of our tutors.
OR WHY DELAY? ENROL TODAY!