Increase your plant knowledge and learn what plants are suitable for planting where in your garden with this Short Course. This self guided short course includes sections on the essentials of plant selection and planting placement including plant selection, plant establishment methods, identifying problems, solutions for wet areas, gardening in the shade, designing windbreaks, hedges and screens in the garden, plants for dry gardens, plants ideal for coastal regions, trees and shrub selection, small garden design, plants for other situations, lawns and living garden art.
This short course covers the following 13 lessons:
- Plant Selection Strategies
- Plant Establishment Methods
- Detecting Problems with Plants as they are Establishing
- Planting Solutions for Wet Areas
- Gardening in the Shade
- Growing Windbreaks, Hedges and Screens
- Plants for Dry Gardens
- Planting Coastal Gardens
- Trees and Shrubs
- Fitting More into a Small Garden
- Plants for Various Situations
- Establishing Lawns
- Living Garden Art
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
This is a self paced, 20 hour study program; with everything from your enrolment through to awarding of your certificate of completion, controlled by computer software developed by our programmers.
Utilizing cutting edge technology all the way; you can
- Enrol, pay course fees into pay pal; your payment approval then triggers an email explaining how to proceed, and access to the course.
- You are then given instructions (options to read or listen to an audio).
- Next you proceed to work through lessons as fast or slow as you wish; undertaking automated self assessment tests at the end of each lesson, choosing practical/additional learning tasks to undertake as you go.
- On concluding the final lesson; you undertake a major online exam; and on achieving a 60% pass rate, you are given a "Certificate of Completion" carrying your name and date, to download as a pdf, to save or print as you wish
Unlike our other 100 hour courses, there is no additional exam fee charged for the exam in this or any of the 20 hour short courses.