Study the different types of irrigation and appropriate drainage for crops and plants
- Gain valuable skills in the areas of designing and maintaining irrigation systems for different applications.
- Learn about the types of systems and the appropriate equipment to use.
- Understand soil characteristics affecting irrigation needs.
- Estimate plant/crop needs and schedule irrigation in accordance with soil and system types.
The Foundation Diploma in Irrigation comprises 8 Core (compulsory) Modules plus 2 Electives to be selected by the student from a list of options.
Note that each module in the Qualification - Foundation Diploma in Irrigation is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
- Learn about irrigation systems for growing plants
- They will estimate water needs of different plants.
- They will learn about different soil types - characteristics and suitability, soil improvement.
- As well as water handling and drainage, students will know about water wastage and re-cycling, and issues such as evaporation, run off, and over spray.
- Study and plan, design, cost, small and large irrigation systems and learn about the operation and management of these.
The elective modules allow students to specialise in areas of interest to them.
Hydroponics courses serve as a solid introduction to hydroponics and the hydroponic industry, whilst the other elective modules are concerned with management and consulting.
Operations Management is concerned with the overall management of the running of a business (strategic planning, process management, information control, marketing, and so on), while Project Management concentrates on the contractual environment, often itself being concerned with projects of change (identification, planning, implementation of projects, and so on). Professional Practice For Consultants looks at the practicalities of setting up a consultancy practice and all of the requirements and considerations that this entails.
Go to “It’s Easy to Enrol” box at the top of the page and enrol now.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our FREE COUNSELLING SERVICE to contact a tutor.