Using problem-based learning (PBL) strategies you will complete three projects that address the following topics, relevant to your workplaces in your industry:
· Identifying and analysing scientific or technical problems
· Using and maintaining scientific or technical equipment
· Collecting and storing samples, data or other evidence
· Undertaking and evaluating scientific or technical procedures
· Describing workplace operations and equipment in scientific laboratories or technical facilities
There are 3 lessons in this course:
Identifying Technical Problems and Collecting Samples or Data: Investigating technical problems in the workplace; collecting and treating samples, data or other evidence.
Analytical Procedures: Using specialised technical equipment to analyse samples, data or other evidence; undertaking routine and advanced scientific or technical analyses.
Workplace Operations: Describing the operations and equipment of a laboratory or other technical environment.
Identify technical or scientific problems that occur in the workplace and demonstrate appropriate techniques for collecting and treating samples or data.
Demonstrate techniques used to analyse and solve technical problems.
Describe the operations of a scientific laboratory or other technical environment.