It's Easy to Enrol
£1,220.00 Payment plans available.
Courses can be started at any time from anywhere in the world!
Please note that if you choose the 'e-learning' (course on USB) method, be aware that due to current covid-19 restrictions there are some countries we can not send USB sticks to.
We recommend you choose the online learning method as all online courses provide access to download course notes to access offline or print. If you do require your course to be supplied on USB stick then please contact us first to check availability for your country.
Train as a food coach specialising in weight loss
Help clients to lose weight.
This 600 hour certificate qualification looks at food and nutrition, weight loss consultancy, food coaching and nutrition for weight loss.
You can start at any time to suit you and study the course by distance learning.
Suitable for -
- People interested in helping people to lose weight.
- People interested in food coaching.
- Those already working in the food industry who would like to learn more.
- People looking for continuing professional development or to improve their existing knowledge.
- Slimming club leaders.
- Catering staff.
Note that each module in the Qualification - Certificate in Food Coaching and Nutrition (Weight Loss Specialism) is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Some notes from the Weight Loss Consultants Course
TEACHING PORTION CONTROL
Portion control is an essential element of any effective dietary plan. Various studies have shown that our portions have increased over the years and also that where we are presented with more foods on our plates than we require most people will eat more without thinking of it. There are many reasons why our portions of food have increased e.g. due to increasing food availability and competition between food manufacturers and restaurants to sell more of their products. Our food portions can also be adversely affected by those around us. For example, some clients will report that their food portions increased when they first left home and ate with friends in school/ college, while others will describe the fact that their food portions increased after getting married/ starting to live with another person.
How can we begin to address portion size?
Firstly, the good news is that most clients will still feel satisfied when they eat less, although they may need to be convinced of this! For example, one study rated customer satisfaction following a pasta meal in a restaurant. Here some customers were served a standard portion while others were served a portion that was 50% larger. The study found that many customers served the larger meal ate nearly all of it consuming 720.13kJ more joules than those served the standard portion. Interestingly while those served a larger meal ate more of it, survey responses showed that customers rated the size of both portions as equally appropriate to their needs.
General tips to help clients reduce portion size
- Save your left overs and keep seconds out of sight. If you have cooked too much for a main meal avoid the temptation to overeat by distributing left overs into freezable containers to consume at a later date.
- Try eating a salad or vegetables before a main meal or making it a significant part of the meal (about half of the plate size). This will help you to feel fuller sooner as vegetables are low in KJ and also a good source of fibre which helps to fill us up.
- Snack foods can be high in kJ and can come in large portion sizes e.g. a large bag of tortilla chips or crisps can be almost as cheap as smaller counterparts. In view of this try to distribute full sized packages into smaller individual portion bags and containers.
- Watch your plate size. Our portion sizes have increased along with increases to our dinner plate size. You may wish to buy a smaller plate or a child’s plate to reduce your portion size. Also consider asking for child’s serving when eating out.
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact us by one of these methods–
Click here to send us a message
Call 01384 442752 (UK)
Email us at mailto://firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at our latest special offer courses - click below to find out more
Special Offers on Distance Learning Courses