It's Easy to Enrol
£2,100.00 Payment plans available.
Courses can be started at any time from anywhere in the world!
Please note that if you choose the 'e-learning' (course on USB) method, be aware that due to current covid-19 restrictions there are some countries we can not send USB sticks to.
We recommend you choose the online learning method as all online courses provide access to download course notes to access offline or print. If you do require your course to be supplied on USB stick then please contact us first to check availability for your country.
Learn about Animal Biology
- Taxonomy, Anatomy, Physiology, Behaviour and more
- Vertebrates and Invertebrates
A foundation course for working professionally with animals - wildlife, pets, livestock.
What do Zoologists do?
Zoologists study the origin and development of animals; their behaviours; and how their interactions with the environment. Zoologists research animals through observing them in the laboratory, in captivity and in their natural habitats; and conducting analytical research and experiments. Zoologist may spend a lot of the time outdoors in the field in harsh conditions.
What will you learn in this course?
Study this course and you will:
- Explore the diversity of vertebrate and invertebrate animals and how they interact with one another, with plants and with their physical environment.
- Learn about the origin, structure and development of animals.
- Learn basic biochemistry, genetics and animal behaviour.
- Choose from a variety of elective topics allowing you to study branches of zoology that interest you.
Note that each module in the Qualification - Foundation Diploma in Zoology is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Benefits of this course
The Foundation Diploma in Zoology is an introductory course that will teach you about the biology and behaviour of animals. It is designed to provide you with a broad knowledge and skill set in Zoology, which may then be developed through additional experience or study. This course will allow you to lay a foundation for further learning formally or informally (This course can earn you credits for higher qualifications if you wish).
Where can this course lead?
With a zoological background, you may find work in the following areas:
- Government Departments (e.g. Environment and Conservation; Agriculture; Water; Planning; Local Council; Environmental Regulation and Legislation)
- Environmental Consultancy organisations
- Research organisations
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Environmental Resources
- Zoos and Wildlife Sanctuaries
- National Parks
- Conservation and Wildlife Management organisations
- Animal breeding and genetics
Careers in Zoology include:
- Park Ranger
- Conservation Officer
- Life Scientist
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Officer
- Natural Resource Manager
- Museum curator
- Animal Attendant