You can study applied science online with this flexible qualification.
You are required to complete six 100 hour modules.
Choose three modules from Group 1
Two modules from Group 2
The remaining module can be from Group 1 or Group 2.
If you are not sure about your module choices, you can contact a tutor to discuss your options with them by clicking here.
List of Modules
Choose three or more modules from the following:
Choose any remaining modules from this group:
What you learn through ACS Applied Science Studies
An ACS Certificate or Diploma in Applied Science
is designed to provide foundation knowledge beyond secondary education, but with a greater relevance to the practical workplace than academic type university studies. Our qualifications can also be used to bridge the gap between a specific qualification and the needs of a certain position. For example, whilst an irrigation equipment salesperson might be qualified in sales, they might choose to study a Certificate in Applied Sc
ience with a major in horticulture to give them that “foundation knowledge” that will allow them to answer those difficult questions from clients. A qualified nurse might take a Certificate in Applied Science
with a major in nutrition to increase their ability to advise patients on dietary changes as part of an overall treatment program.
Getting a job in today’s world is determined not only by the sort of qualification you have, but also your personality, presentation, attitude, experience, interests, and ability to adapt to new challenges.
With an ACS qualification in Applied Science, you are better prepared to enter a science oriented
workplace, learn faster on the job, and become a more useful employee within a shorter period of time.
There are in fact fewer jobs today (per capita) that require a degree than there were in the past. Despite this, today more than in the past, employers do tend to seek certain specific knowledge and skills in employees.
What do Employers Think?
A qualification that has required hard work to attain will be an indication to an employer that you have a certain level of drive and commitment.
An understanding of the industry and discipline which the job encompasses will indicate that you are more likely to learn faster and become useful to the employer sooner. We design our courses with these things in mind.
Where Might a Certificate or Diploma Lead?
- Certificates are generally going to lead you to being an “assistant” of some kind. Whilst it varies, assistants in the field of science might become employed as laboratory assistants and technical assistants.
- Diplomas generally offer the possibility of a position of greater responsibility (although some diploma graduates might never move beyond an assistant position). People with Diplomas might become Technical Officers, Technical Advisors, Freelance Consultants (in some fields), and Technical Sales Managers.
- If you complete a Diploma first, you may then apply to continue studies toward aq diploma, and credit will be awarded for modules already passed in your certificate.
ACS follows the old fashioned idea that “the student comes first”. Our staff are told to treat every student as an individual and respond promptly to their enquiries; and the facilities we have developed and continue to develop, are all focused on that goal. Facilities include:
- Offices in two time zones (UK and Australia) –which means an international team of academics are responding to students 5 days a week and 16 hours a day.
- An online student room with unique resources that are only available to students studying our courses, including online library.
- Bookshop offering quality downloadable e books
- A data base of 20 million words of unique information written by our staff over 3 decades that can be drawn upon if needed by academics for use in supporting our students.
- Systems that ensure assignments are tracked, marked and returned to students, fast -commonly within a round 1 week & rarely more than 2 weeks (note: many other colleges take longer).
- The school is active in social networking and encourages students to connect with us and each other.
- No automated handling of student phone enquiries. When you call you get a real person; or leave a message and a real person will call you back within a day, but more commonly within an hour or two.
- No additional charges for extra tutor support over the phone or email.
- Free careers advice for graduates –It is our policy to provide support and advice to our students even after they graduate. If a graduate needs help with getting a CV together, or advice on setting up a business or looking for work; they only need ask.
- The quality of academic staff is higher than many other colleges.
How our Courses Differ
- Courses are continually improved –we invite feedback from all graduates and change courses immediately the need is detected.
- Courses are relevant to the whole world –we try hard to teach make the learning transferable to any region or country because the world is increasingly a global economy
- Courses written by our staff, teach different skills to standard courses; giving a unique mix of skills and knowledge to provide a career advantage. Do you want an accredited certificate and the same skills as 100 other job applicants; or one of our courses with skills that no other applicants have?
- Certificates and diplomas are longer. They teach you more, and our qualifications have built a reputation amongst academics and industry as being a very high standard for this reason.
- We are focused on helping you learn in a way that improves your capacity to understand your discipline, apply knowledge, and continue learning and developing your capabilities beyond your course.
These things cannot be always said of other colleges.
Study alone can never guarantee career success; but a good education is an important starting point.
Success in a career depends upon many things. A course like this is an excellent starting point because it provides a foundation for continued learning, and the means of understanding and dealing with issues you encounter in the workplace.
When you have completed an ACS course, you will have not only learnt about the subject, but you will have been prompted to start networking with experts in the discipline and shown how to approach problems that confront you in this field.
This and every other industry in today’s world is developing in unforeseen ways; and while that is unsettling for anyone who wants to be guaranteed a particular job at the end of a particular course; for others, this rapidly changing career environment is offering new and exciting opportunities almost every month.
If you want to do the best that you can in this industry, you need to recognise that the opportunities that confront you at the end of a course, are probably different to anything that has even been thought of when you commence a course.
Visit our School bookshop at www.acsebook.com
- Downloadable ebooks that can be read on ipads, PC’s, Laptops, or readers like a Kindle.
- Titles are written by our principal and staff.
- Anyone can purchase books –ACS students are offered a student discount