ONLINE COMPUTER SERVICING COURSE
Looking for a Career in I.T. Support?
This course is an ideal step in that direction.
To attain a proficiency award, you need to:
A/ Complete assignments and pass exams for three compulsory 100 hour modules/subjects
B/ Complete two other modules, with a strong emphasis on work experience or an industry networking.
You might also satisfy this by either submitting a reference from an employer or reputable colleague; or by undertaking a major study of a workplace issue and writing a document such as a management report or business plan (under guidance from a tutor).
The Computer Workshop.
Computer and Workshop safety.
Different Systems & Basic Disassembly.
Installation of software.
Introduction to Hardware Components
Basic Diagnostic Equipment
Electric Circuits & Fault Analysis
Problem Solving & Fault Analysis
Diagnostic Testing A
Diagnostic Testing B
Software Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Disk Drives & CD-ROM
Video & Audio Systems
Developing A Maintenance Program
Using Tools & Equipment.
Repairing Circuit Boards & Installing Hardware Components
Deciding On A Course Of Action
NOTE: The Proficiency Award is made up of Computer Servicing I, II & II plus a major workplace project.
Duration: 500 hours
Note that each module in the Qualification - Proficiency Award In Computer Servicing is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
ACS follows the old fashioned idea that “the student comes first”. Our staff are told to treat every student as an individual and respond promptly to their enquiries; and the facilities we have developed and continue to develop, are all focused on that goal. Facilities include:
- Offices in two time zones (UK and Australia) –which means an international team of academics are responding to students 5 days a week and 16 hours a day.
- An online student room with unique resources that are only available to students studying our courses, including online library.
- Bookshop offering quality downloadable e books
- A data base of 20 million words of unique information written by our staff over 3 decades that can be drawn upon if needed by academics for use in supporting our students.
- Systems that ensure assignments are tracked, marked and returned to students, fast -commonly within a round 1 week & rarely more than 2 weeks (note: many other colleges take longer).
- The school is active in social networking and encourages students to connect with us and each other.
- No automated handling of student phone enquiries. When you call you get a real person; or leave a message and a real person will call you back within a day, but more commonly within an hour or two.
- No additional charges for extra tutor support over the phone or email.
- Free careers advice for graduates –It is our policy to provide support and advice to our students even after they graduate. If a graduate needs help with getting a CV together, or advice on setting up a business or looking for work; they only need ask.
- The quality of academic staff is higher than many other colleges.
How our Courses Differ
- Courses are continually improved –we invite feedback from all graduates and change courses immediately the need is detected.
- Courses are relevant to the whole world –we try hard to teach make the learning transferable to any region or country because the world is increasingly a global economy
- Courses written by our staff, teach different skills to standard courses; giving a unique mix of skills and knowledge to provide a career advantage. Do you want an accredited certificate and the same skills as 100 other job applicants; or one of our courses with skills that no other applicants have?
- Certificates and diplomas are longer. They teach you more, and our qualifications have built a reputation amongst academics and industry as being a very high standard for this reason.
- We are focused on helping you learn in a way that improves your capacity to understand your discipline, apply knowledge, and continue learning and developing your capabilities beyond your course.
These things cannot be always said of other colleges.
Study alone can never guarantee career success; but a good education is an important starting point.
Success in a career depends upon many things. A course like this is an excellent starting point because it provides a foundation for continued learning, and the means of understanding and dealing with issues you encounter in the workplace.
When you have completed an ACS course, you will have not only learnt about the subject, but you will have been prompted to start networking with experts in the discipline and shown how to approach problems that confront you in this field.
This and every other industry in today’s world is developing in unforeseen ways; and while that is unsettling for anyone who wants to be guaranteed a particular job at the end of a particular course; for others, this rapidly changing career environment is offering new and exciting opportunities almost every month.
If you want to do the best that you can in this industry, you need to recognise that the opportunities that confront you at the end of a course, are probably different to anything that has even been thought of when you commence a course.
Visit our School bookshop at www.acsebook.com
- Downloadable ebooks that can be read on ipads, PC’s, Laptops, or readers like a Kindle.
- Titles are written by our principal and staff.
- Anyone can purchase books –ACS students are offered a student discount