APPLIED SCIENCE DIPLOMA DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE
At least six modules should be taken from the Group 1, four from Group 2 options; and the remainder from either Group
List of Modules
For detailed outlines of most modules listed below:
What you learn through ACS Applied Science Studies
An ACS Certificate or Diploma in Applied Science is designed to provide foundation knowledge beyond secondary education, but with a greater relevance to the practical workplace than academic type university studies. Our qualifications can also be used to bridge the gap between a specific qualification and the needs of a certain position. For example, whilst an irrigation equipment salesperson might be qualified in sales, they might choose to study a Certificate in Applied Science with a major in horticulture to give them that “foundation knowledge” that will allow them to answer those difficult questions from clients. A qualified nurse might take a Certificate in Applied Science with a major in nutrition to increase their ability to advise patients on dietary changes as part of an overall treatment program.
Getting a job in today’s world is determined not only by the sort of qualification you have, but also your personality, presentation, attitude, experience, interests, and ability to adapt to new challenges.
With an ACS qualification in Applied Science, you are better prepared to enter a science oriented” workplace, learn faster on the job, and become a more useful employee within a shorter period of time.
There are in fact fewer jobs today (per capita) that require a degree than there were in the past. Despite this, today more than in the past, employers do tend to seek certain specific knowledge and skills in employees.
What do Employers Think?
A qualification that has required hard work to attain will be an indication to an employer that you have a certain level of drive and commitment.
An understanding of the industry and discipline which the job encompasses will indicate that you are more likely to learn faster and become useful to the employer sooner. We design our courses with these things in mind.
Where Might a Certificate or Diploma Lead?
- Certificates are generally going to lead you to being an “assistant” of some kind. Whilst it varies, assistants in the field of science might become employed as laboratory assistants and technical assistants.
- Diplomas generally offer the possibility of a position of greater responsibility (although some diploma graduates might never move beyond an assistant position). People with Diplomas might become Technical Officers, Technical Advisors, Freelance Consultants (in some fields), and Technical Sales Managers.
What's Different About this Diploma?
- Options to choose electives that you don't find in similar diplomas elsewhere.
- A longer, more in depth diploma than what is offered at many other colleges (Compare the duration -2100 hours). Study more, learn more, go further in your career or business.
- A stronger focus on learning (some colleges focus more on assessment than we do -but we believe that what you learn is what makes the difference)
- Exceptional tutors...compare the qualifications and experience of our staff (see staff profiles at ... http://www.acsedu.com/about-us/our-staff.aspx) ....after all, it doesn't make sense to choose where to study if you don't first know who will be teaching you.
Study alone can never guarantee career success; but a good education is an important starting point.
Success in a career depends upon many things. A course like this is an excellent starting point because it provides a foundation for continued learning, and the means of understanding and dealing with issues you encounter in the workplace.
When you have completed an ACS course, you will have not only learnt about the subject, but you will have been prompted to start networking with experts in the discipline and shown how to approach problems that confront you in this field.
This and every other industry in today’s world is developing in unforeseen ways; and while that is unsettling for anyone who wants to be guaranteed a particular job at the end of a particular course; for others, this rapidly changing career environment is offering new and exciting opportunities almost every month.
If you want to do the best that you can in this industry, you need to recognise that the opportunities that confront you at the end of a course, are probably different to anything that has even been thought of when you commence a course.
Support your learning with extra resources
Downloadable ebooks that can be read on ipads, PC’s, Laptops, or readers like a Kindle.
Titles are written by our principal and staff.
Anyone can purchase books – ACS students are entitled to a student discount